Applications for Design membership are approved in cases where bona fide companies meet the criteria set for scaffolding designers.
It is free to complete and submit an application for design membership. Upon receipt of your application the information will be reviewed by the NASC. If your application appears to meet all parts of the NASC design membership criteria then we will write to you to confirm membership has been accepted subject to payment of membership subscriptions in full (subs will be on a pro rata basis if joining after January).
Applicants should be aware that failure to meet all parts of NASC design membership criteria will result in your application not being progressed.
NASC Design Membership benefits:
- Circulation of relevant NASC literature
- Discount on NASC publications
- Receipt of NASC mail shots
- Opportunity to attend NASC AGM, Annual Ball and Awards
- Use of NASC Design Member logo NEW
- Advertising opportunities within NASC publications
- Promotional opportunities at trade events/exhibitions
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Inclusion of company details in NASC publications e.g. NASC Yearbook
- Inclusion of company details on the NASC website
- Attendance at NASC Regional Meetings (subject to the NASC Regional Chairman’s
- Presentation opportunities at NASC Regional Meetings (subject to terms and
conditions and the NASC Regional Chairman’s approval)
NASC design membership is open to all UK registered businesses which provide designs to the accesss and scaffolding industry.
In order to become a member an applicant must be able to demonstrate that it has met the following criteria:
The applicant must have been trading in the UK for 12 months as a limited liability company, or limited liability partnership, and be able to produce financial statements for the period prepared by the accountants for the owners.
The applicant must hold Professional Indemnity Insurance of £1 million and Public Liability and Employers’ Liability Insurance appropriate to the business.
Training and Competence
The applicant must demonstrate that designers or principal designers employed by the business hold as a minimum:
- An HNC qualification in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, preferably registered with one of the recognised engineering institutions i.e. ICE, IStructE, IET etc;
- and/or has a minimum 5 years proven experience in a scaffolding design office;
- and/or has a minimum 5 years proven experience in a principal contractor’s temporary works design department.
Or equivalent levels of qualifications and experience.
Code of Conduct
Annual NASC Design Membership subscription is £800 plus VAT per calendar year.
New Design Membership Logo
NASC Design Members are now able to use the new NASC Design Member’s logo.